Mission Foods recognises its responsibility of the manufacture of corn and flour tortillas, corn chips, taco shells, flat breads and dinner kit’s and provide services in a manner that is responsible to the Earth’s environment, protective of its natural resources and protective of its employees’ health and safety.
The Company is committed to sustainable development and will ensure that our activities, products and services enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate.
We will work with customers, suppliers, government and the community to develop innovative strategies for environmental improvement and the prevention of pollution.
The Company will strive to:
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements to which the organisation subscribe which relate to its environmental aspects. Compliance will be part of the environmental goals and objectives that will be established and maintained,
- Develop and maintain a method of evaluating environmental performance for continual improvement. Setting and reviewing environmental goals as a basis for this evaluation,
- Recognise that protection of the environment is a company-wide priority and will practice waste minimisation to prevent pollution in both product design and production operations to the extent practicable. Employees at all levels within the company will participate to seek and implement waste minimisation measures,
- Identify and manage environmental risks within our operations and apply best practise principle to the prevention of pollution,
- Communicate this policy to all employees, contractors, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders as well as making this policy available to the general public; and
- Continually improve performance through training, management review, research and development and consultation within company, external technical resources and the community.
- Procure products and services on the basis of: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle principles wherever possible.
- All dangerous goods and hazardous substances are identified within the workplace and that current SDS (issued within 5 years) for each identified dangerous good and/or hazardous substance are maintained.
Policy Control & Review
Copies of this policy will be prominently displayed, communicated to every employee and be available to all interested parties. Policy changes will be approved and reviewed every three years by Operations Manager of Oceania
Operations Manager of Oceania
Title: Gruma Oceania Environmental Policy Statement
Code: MP 1.0 | Version No: 2.1 | Validity date: May 2018