Mission Foods is committed to developing, implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) that complies with the requirements of international standard ISO 14001.
The Company is committed to sustainable development and will ensure that our activities, products and services enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate.
The Company will strive to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Maintain environmental best practice management systems and certification to ISO 14001
- Recognise that protection of the environment is a company-wide priority and drive a culture of continuous environmental improvement with a focus on product design, fuel, waste minimisation and energy efficiency
- Communicate this policy to all employees, contractors, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders as well as making this policy available to the general public; and Ensure the environment is considered in our investment and corporate strategies, procurement and the products and services we offer Procure products and services based on: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle principles wherever possible.
- Ensure an environmental management framework that includes environment standards, practices and procedures is developed, implemented and reviewed to identify and manage our material environmental risks.
- Develop a culture of sustainable environmental management by: developing the training, awareness and involvement of our employees; implementing programs for environmental management and energy reduction.
- Establish business unit-specific environment management strategies for reducing our rate of emissions and use of energy through improvement initiatives that are economically viable.
- Commit to actively considering the use of alternative energy sources and low emissions technology, as they become economically viable.
- Incorporate environmental and energy conservation considerations into our business decision-making processes, particularly for capital expenditure allocation.
- Engage with our suppliers, customers and joint venture partners to develop improved environmental sustainability practices.
Policy Control & Review
Copies of this policy will be prominently displayed, communicated to every employee and available to all interested parties. Policy changes will be approved and reviewed every three years by VP Operations.
Title: Gruma Oceania Environmental Policy Statement
Code: MP 1.0 | Version No: 3 | Validity date: July 2021